13.9.11

sandwiches are beautiful


When it comes to sandwiches (to switch to a happier topic) I have to admit that I have a bit of a soft spot. If you haven't already heard me talk with my mouth full about Chachi's sandwiches (and their crunchy pickles) I guess you haven't been around for too long. I may have mentioned them a few million times, at least in the world of spoken word. Seriously..


I don't know what it is that makes a good sandwich, in my mind, but I have a few favorites that are lurking in my hometown; which I'm more than happy to seek out and gorge upon, to figure out this mystery of what it is that has me saying "omafogud!" Maybe it isn't anything in particular, I just love a good sandwich. Who doesn't, really?


The reason I bring up this random subject is because I tried a new kind of sandwich yesterday that I'm still thinking about, today. It was a grilled eggplant at Baked Expectations, and omafogud... it hit the spot. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of it, though it gives me an excuse to go back! Finding a volunteer to come with me next time shouldn't be too difficult. Mmm.... sandwiches.....

No comments: