14.9.14

now what?

So, what do I do now? Ha. I have no idea, but I know that it's not as easy as handing in a resume with a fancy cover letter that starts with 'Dear Sir/Madam Disney.." I have a very big project to execute, which I've decided will come in the form of an animation/presentation. Maybe similar to the cute closing credits of a Pixar movie, with a story. I'll try out there too, while I'm at it. Why not, right?


It's going to take a lot of work, but that's sort of the plan. I figure it will also keep me busy during the days when we're not so comfortably able to go outside. Winter is coming. This will definitely help me get through it. It's helping me get through a variety of things, to be honest. Life changes... so rapidly. I'm adjusting, still.


My goal is set to send this out, in the new year. I just want to see how I can shape my 2015; even if it doesn't get me in with the mouse. I can try anywhere and see what happens. My current mantra is, you have nothing to lose.



This project sort of comes hand in hand with my topic of how to stay creative. I know that for my own creative stamina, I need a personal challenge to keep me going. I think that's what makes it so exciting. Creatives need personal projects in order to grow. I encourage it, to see where it takes you. Make time for yourself.


I'm not focusing on much other than the first few steps. I have anticipatory anxiety, so absolutely, I've thought ahead at the possibilities. The failure, the rejection, the conflict, the amount of time and effort this is going to take. Those are natural thoughts, but they're not constructive. This is something that I've hung on to for years. I figure I'm going to benefit from this, no matter the outcome.


I'm kind of nervous about sharing the process, but it's also a way to get this out in the open. I sort of need to see this in front of me, to acknowledge that it is real. This is it. I'm proving myself I can do something, if I just simply believe in it.

You have nothing to lose. 







No comments: