27.3.09

bunny talk: alice


Of course when it comes to bunnies, no one can forget the white rabbit from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I wasn't an enormous fan of Alice as a kid, though I remember the fluffy Disney version that I do quite love simply based off of the work of Mary Blair, behind the scenes. Only recently since I started learning about the real Alice, did I find myself intrigued.

I ordered myself a copy of The Annotated Alice, which really is kind of interesting though some have argued that Alice shouldn't be put under the magnifying glass for hidden context. I don't feel presentation always requires explanation, but it is kind of interesting to read the based assumptions on things. Also, the illustrations by John Tenniel are lovely.

I'm off to go and read some more..

No comments: