23.1.14

couch day

In my house, this Saturday will be dubbed Couch Day. 


It's a pretty exciting day, because it has been almost 5 months since I resorted to sitting on the floor. I sold my love seat when I moved out of my flooded basement, last year; so since then, we have been couchless. It hasn't been so bad, thanks to my trusty old floor cushion ... which often gets stolen by a certain someone.


Not having a couch has made for some interesting arrangements, from blankets on the floor; to lugging my bed to the middle of the room, for movie nights. It's been fun, but I'm ready to keep things in their proper place. Order makes me happy


It's usually pretty tough for me to spend so much money on things for myself, but I suppose it felt somewhat rewarding to make such a purchase, because I worked very long and hard for it... and it's a functional item. Score.


I'm excited to see what Breakfast will think of the new couch, when it arrives, since it'll allow him to see outside. No more standing on tippy-toes, to spy on the next door neighbour's cat. This may or may not be a good thing. We don't know yet.

Either way, Couch Day is coming!


No comments: