30.7.15

ground control to major tom

All I can say is that it's just weird to be here, right now.  I've said it before, and I feel that this will be my moment for a while; until we reach our destination. Things are packed, the truck is being loaded for storage, tomorrow; we're camping on the floor for the night, to be up and ready to hit the road in the afternoon, Friday. Amazing. Time, you sneaky thing.


Life is just really funny, when you reach the moments you only imagined. I still have this image of what it's going to be like, when we board the ferry, toward our new home. The ocean, surrounding us. It feels meditative, freeing, overwhelming, and incredible. I have no idea what it's going to look like, but I imagine the smell, the sound, the amazement and curiosity. It's that moment that keeps me moving forward with the process, until we get there. All the while, I have the words from Space Oddity, by David Bowie, in my head.

Commencing countdown, engines on. 

I enjoy having a song to remember things by, and when I left Calgary, it was Change, by Blind Melon. I knew my life was going to change entirely, when I reached Edmonton, I just had no idea what it was going to look like. To see who I was when I arrived, to this very moment.. it's baffling. I'm so different than who I was then, yet I'm still the same person. I'm in a good place, a better place, a place I didn't know I could reach. Change is good. I can't imagine how this next trip will shape me. I'm already in a good place, yet I feel it can only get better from here. It's super messed. I shake my head a lot when I snap out of my thoughts. The unknown is super cool.

Where I go from here will most likely play itself into the form of a song. I am curious which song will find me, when we get there.

I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go. 

No comments: