31.12.14

end 14

I have to say, that 2014 has been quite a learning experience, and one that I will never forget. I probably say that every year, but I know that this year certainly had some curveballs, filled with emotions that I never expected to face. The concept of a fresh new start seems to have a sweet message to it; to pick up the pieces and clear out the clutter. I may have done so, literally, by getting my studio ready for some long nights of concentration and focus. It's on... actually, right now. After Effects tutorials to ring in the new year. Woot! Hold me back!


I spent a good portion of this year in a state of reflection, and I feel it was needed. I had a lot of catching up to do. I've had a lot of space and time to myself, and feel that it's certainly okay to take as much as I need, to get things done. I have a lot to do, and even more to look forward to. It's time to take what I learned, from here, and carry it with me into the future of so many possibilities. Eeek! 2015!? Seriously crazy. The things to come.


To be completely honest, I'm a bit scared. Not in a bad way. I've had some small moments of panic, excitement, anxiety, etc., but I'm reminded not to look too far ahead, so I don't lose out on the moment. It's nice to admit that the moment is something I don't want to miss out on. I feel welcome, accepted, comforted, adored (by some), inspired, and supported for all that I do, by the people around me. You guys, you choke me up. It has been a long time since I've felt so at home, and so grounded. Right now is so good.


To be clear, I don't have only one dream, and I'm not just depending on landing a gig at Disney. It's just part of the dream, and it certainly is one of the biggest ones on the list. I still sorta laugh at how big it really is. I'd rather laugh than let it intimidate me. Who knows where this experience will actually take me when I put it out there? It may not take me anywhere, and I'm okay with that. That's when I realized how happy I am to be where I am. It's cool. Remove the fear of failure, and anything is possible. Failure disappears the instant you try. Profound. Man, facing your dreams is crazy. I recommend giving it a shot. Fuck it. Right?

If you're here, and you're reading, you know you're a special part of my life and what it is right now. Thank you, for realsies. You guys... you keep me going. Clink your glasses.

Ready. Set. New Year!

No comments: