8.2.15

day 8: inspired inspiration

I don't know if I have any words to describe how I'm feeling right now, because I am not only mentally tired from a busy weekend, but touched, by all of the love and support that keeps pouring in from the people around me.


Based off of a selfie I took, in my favorite yellow scarf, by the lovely Mica Angela Hendricks. @busymockingbird 

This weekend, I received my first dose of fan art, and I have to say that I am almost speechless. To be reminded that there are people out there who believe in what I do, who love what I do, who are inspired by what I do, and who actually enjoy my excessive dog photos, and fart drawings... Seriously, it blows my mind. I feel pretty grateful for social media, and what it has done for me personally, as a creative. Passing the creative torch on to others is a really gratifying feeling. 


Breakfast with Magpie ears, by the talented @luckylocky1

I don't often consider myself to be an inspiration to others, or at least it's not something I fully acknowledge on a daily basis because this is honestly how I am. I want people to share, and create, and love what they do. When I post my artwork on social media, I'm doing so for the sake of putting it out there. I'm open to feedback and criticism, because I feel those things help me learn and grow as an artist. The more I share, the more others engage. I never imagined it would come so far as leaving an impact on others, to create and share directly with me. 


Kind words from @artisian_romeo: I took note last night that @breakfastjones like a few pictures last night and she is such an inspiration to me personally like I love all the things tshe does so I did a little diddle of her Aphrodite concept I hope you like it.

Knowing I've inspired even just one person, leaves my heart doubling in size. I almost feel kinda proud of myself, for influencing others, and to see that it is growing so rapidly in front of me. I'm on such an incredible roller coaster ride right now, I just want to raise my hands in the air and let out a great big yell to all of those who are jacked up by what I do. I didn't think I was capable, or at least I didn't expect to get this sort of attention. Thank you, everyone, for making me feel over the moon and inspired to keep going. 

There is strength and power in words, even if those words are expressed in pictures. 

No comments: