4.11.13

open for bidness


Sooo... Breakfast Jones is now on Etsy! 

Errr, at least there are a couple of items up for the sake of opening up shop. I wanted to make sure I held up to my promise to have some things available by this weekend. I still have to structure my shop and brand things the way I want, and take proper photos. This would be a fail, in marketing.


It also turns out that I'm not much of a fan of my camera anymore. I got myself a new lens when I was in Winnipeg, before I moved here, and it's much different from the lens I learned with; which allowed for closer shots and manual focus. My current lens is limiting, I feel, and I don't get as excited about taking pictures with it. I just don't want to be a full time phone-tographer.


I have two bags full of doll parts, which I've been stocking up on since the spring of this year. Crazy. I'm pretty proud of myself. It's going to be so fun to see how everything turns out, as I put them together, because I've forgotten half of what I've made already. I'm trying not to do more than what I'm capable of, but my hands just keep working, and new yarns keep coming home with me. Mermaids have become far more popular than anticipated, so I might have to take a couple of weeks to make more.. which is totally cool because they're so girly and fun to make. It's refreshing to have something new to play with. The girls at work LOVE to play with their hair. 


Unfortunately, it's just too much to take on custom orders, so I cannot do any special favors for anyone this time around, at least not until the new year. Custom orders slow down production, quite significantly, and I have a large, curious, audience to keep happy. I have to stick to my plan as much as possible, to make sure I get everything out on time. It is so difficult to say no to special requests, but I won't lie that it gives me a sense of control over my work which I've never had.  No. Sorry. 


When everything is done, I know I'll be happy to lay on the floor and rest over the holidays. For now, there is so much to do. I can't believe we're in November! Thank you everyone for your support, patience, and excitement. You keep me going. 

No comments: