2.6.19

time capsule

I don't know how I feel about blogging anymore, though I'd say that I definitely needed some time away. I keep meaning to write about stuff, the way I used to, but something lost its charm. I think it has a lot to do with ownership, and how we maintain healthy boundaries; in a world where expression gets bombarded by opinion.


When you're someone who is comfortable with expression, but anxious with communication... you enter a weird sort of atmosphere where you feel like you're being watched, and expected to perform in a certain way. If you're not careful, you might hurt feelings or offend someone; and my goodness I've learned to bite my tongue with a lot of things. I adjusted what I like to share with others, and what I like to keep to myself. I'm kind of enjoying the latter, because not everything needs to be shared with the world.


Still, there will always be a side of me that wants to write things down and keep my memories in tact. This place contains years of my life, which I am so glad I took the time to record. I can literally go back in time and see pieces of my life, what I was learning, who I met along the way, and what type of person I was becoming; especially since 2015 (our biggest adventure) while 2017 threw me for a really big loop which I still believe I'm recovering from.

But, before I ramble with a recap of all that has happened in my life since the last time I wrote... life is good, life is scary, life is sad, life is lovely, and holy crap is it changing fast. I just want to take it in and put it down in front of me, because I know I'm going to look back at it and wish I'd put it in a time capsule... to treasure forever.

Deep breaths. And we're back.

No comments: