17.8.13

process


I gave myself a bit of a project to pass the time. 


I sold some old things to make way for some new things, though this piece of furniture is far older than the one I just got rid of. I'm that sort of hipster. Sigh.


I wanted something more ornate, something with charm and character. This piece reminded me a bit of the same dresser I had as a child; and also reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen cabinets. It's comforting.


I got so excited when I painted the first drawer, and continued to ooh through the entire first coat. It was a bit of a process, of course, but it was well worth the dust and sweat to get there. 


I feel like I'm really going to love it when it's all done and put together. This is the best time filler project ever. We're almost there!

No comments: