13.4.09

bits and pieces


Welcome to the land of boring? I'm so sorry that I haven't elaborated on much in the last little while, but as I've mentioned before.. no news is often good news. Now just where to begin on explanation. I've been a little scattered these days, as I've been adjusting to a new schedule/routine. It's slowly but surely falling into place, and from getting that much needed time away from my desk, I'm happy to say that creativity is returning.


One of the greatest frustrations with being an artist are the lulls. Though it's simply human nature to need a break, it can be a very awful feeling when one becomes stuck with a blank page for an extended amount of time. My lull lasted for over a year. Absolutely, I felt down in the dumps and even asked myself if maybe I wasn't cut out for it anymore, put down the pencils and walked away. It's a strange feeling when we come to accept those lulls and often I find that when creativity isn't pushed, it returns. Almost a reverse psychology in a way. Kind of neat to catch it coming back when things seem much more busy to even think. That's probably the key in how my mind works; no time for over thought.

There is so much to share, but I don't want to spoil the surprise of my plans too much. Hang tight and I'll let you in as I go.

No comments: