30.4.09

pillows

Because I keep adding to my list before I can take anything off of it, for things to do, I decided to put the project of making my floor pillows on the shelf at least to save for a rainy day. It's hard to say no. I'm just antsy to get started because I opted for three different types of patterns that I enjoy. . .


Graphic shapes. I so heart bold patterns that aren't too loud or scary. The monotone grays with enough white space to allow for the bright orange, satisfies my love for simplicity with a splash of spontaneity. Orange is a growing favorite of mine.


Organic forms. Of course the girl loves trees and leaves and naturey bits, so to avoid overkill, I gravitated away from the obvious and settled for a more delicate approach. And of course if it's in what I call Tim Gray, I'm totally bias.


Line drawings. Though I'll say that birds are slightly overdone in the world of decor, I'll also say in the same breath that I still love them. I probably wouldn't have bought this fabric had I not eyed the bird - the one with his mouth open on the bottom right - as I find him amusing with his expression. Turn him horizontal and the way he's positioned looks like he's lying dead on his back. Kind of sad, but entertaining. I like that kind of stuff.

When it rains, we will hear more of the floor pillow project. For now it waits in the closet. Now to shrink the list.

No comments: